From the classic and romantic to contemporary and cool, we rounded up the best first-dance songs from our real weddings!
Your first dance as a married couple is a uniquely intimate moment during an otherwise public day. While your friends and family will watch you and your new spouse sway softly, the two of you will be the only ones on the dance floor. Without a doubt it’s one of the most intimate, joyous moments of your wedding day, and the first opportunity you both have to savor your newly-minted status as husband and wife.
For some couples, selecting a meaningful, expressive first dance song is the easiest part of their wedding-planning process. It’s the soundtrack of their relationship, the song playing in the background of their first kiss, or the lyrics that blared at a busy restaurant on their first date. For others, the decision is not so simple. Whether you have opposing musical tastes or just can’t settle on one song that defines you as a couple, we’re here to help.
We found 15 song selections from past weddings we have performed that are sure to inspire you for your foray on the dance floor.
- “She’s Got a Way” by Billy Joel
- “So Happy Together” by The Turtles
- “Take Care” by Beach House
- “Someone Like You” by Van Morrison
- “Feel So Close to You Right Now” by Calvin Harris
- “Let My Love Open The Door” by Pete Townsend
- “Crazy Love” by Van Morrison
- “In a Little While” by U2
- “At Last” by Etta James
- “Kiss to Build a Dream On” by Louis Armstrong
- “Come Away With Me” by Norah Jones
- “Shameless” by Garth Brooks
- “I’ve Got You Under My Skin” by Frank Sinatra
- “You and Me” by Dave Matthews Band
- “All For You” by Sister Hazel
Whether you choose to dance to something timeless or something much more current, the most important detail is that the song feels right for you as a couple.